CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

New Hobby...




I have a friend here that has been offering for a while now for me (and Patrick) to come out to her house and ride her horses. We kept talking about going but never got around to it. Finally this weekend I was like I want to go! And checked with my friend to make sure it was okay with her that we came out. So sunday after church I went to ride my first horse! And I have to say I'm quite hooked! I was nervous at first knowing I'm klutzy and I have a walking cast on. I checked with her and she thought as long as Patrick was there to help me on and off I should be okay. And I have to say it didn't hurt at all cause just plodding around on Chant was very smooth. I wasn't bounced around alot or jolted at all. It was an amazing afternoon. It took about 5 minutes for me to relax and then I enjoyed. It was so relaxing and so much fun. He was an awesome horse. Not only beautiful but seemed to know I was a newbie at riding. I picked up on giving a few directions and eventually Ann didn't have to lead the horse I got to just plod around by myself. It was so fun watching her warm him up, see the horses play, watch the interaction between human and horse. I will be going back as soon as I can! She said when he deploys I can spend all my time out there and she will have me a proficient rider. I cannot wait to get to do it again. It feels so awesome to ride! Patrick got the chance to ride too. He hadn't since he was kid. It was a perfect day with temps in the 70s and as well as overcast. I have found a new hobby for sure!


0 comments: